After getting your paycheck for the month and putting down your budget, do you realize that the bulk of your money goes into groceries/food?
then comes the question how do you cut cost on food when living on frugal saving. firstly lets familiarize ourselves with the definition of food budget.
Food Budget can simply be defined as a predetermined amount of money set aside and spent on food items for a specific period of time.
Most people do not have a clue on what and how they should spend their money on food and still keep on track without putting holes in their pockets. having a budget for your food shopping helps you determine what’s priority and help you keep a check on your spending so as not to engage in unnecessary wastage.
Therefore to track your expenditures on food realistically you have to cut extravagant purchases and have a budget.
TYPES OF FOOD BUDGET
- Basic budget
- Current budget
How to cut cost on food, when living on a frugal saving
- Plan and execute weekly meal plan
- When shopping do not go with your credit card /ATM card rather use cash as it keep you in check from excess spending.
- Buy in bulk( weekly for perishables)
- Avoid food wastage(do not throw away your left overs,reinvent them and be creative/ put in zip lock bags and refrigerate to keep freshness
- Buy seasonal fruits as its way more cheaper
- Don’t be like chefs , as in making meals with thousands of ingredients like the ones you see on TV , simple meals can still be healthier and friendly.
- Never be like the Jones: Be yourself and never imitate anyone or others, just know some people live fake lives.
HOPE YOU FIND THIS USEFUL…