Hipeeeeeee its the cold weather again, I do love it and also don’t, reason is, at this period everywhere seems to be cool and bloomy as beautiful flowers and plants springs up faster and naturally decorate and beautify our environment and also I tend to sleep at ease due to the coldness as I get cuddled up in my duvet but also I don’t like the weather at the same time because I cant just dress as I wish with my singlets and skimpy dresses , cant visit the beach and also I’ll have to carry a heavier handbag which must contain at least my umbrella in cases of rain, hot water flask and a muffler
Keeping yourself safe and healthy during the cold weather requires a little but intentional preparation so as to keep you safe from cold weather hazards because keeping yourself safe from cold is a compulsory obligation you owe your body.
Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days as Being in the cold too long can cause serious health problems. When temperatures drop below normal, staying safe and healthy can be challenging as common cold-related health problems springs up without any notification or apology, Therefore I’ll encourage us all, both kids and adults to adhere to some tips of staying safe in cold as listed below, but before the tips are listed I’ll also emphasis that at this period our meals must be on point as this will strengthen the immune system to fight any abnormal complications such as colds and flu.
TIPS TO STAY SAFE IN THE COLD WEATHER
1.PLAN AHEAD: Stay on top of the weather, check weather forecast before you get ready or step out to keep you abreast of what’s ahead
2. BE ACTIVE: Exercising will keep you warm and very active. keep active as possible This is a great way to keep warm. It also prevents muscle loss – muscles are important to create body heat.
3. DRINK WARM DRINKS: take hot or warm drinks/tea or beverages as it helps to warm you up in seconds
4. WEAR SUITABLE CLOTHINGS ONLY: Dress in layers, wear socks and sweaters or clothing made of synthetic materials, wool, or silk, as these materials trap heat without retaining moisture. in short go out with your jackets
5. AVOID GOING OUT IF NOT COMPULSORY: Staying indoors might just keep you off the cold and flu
6. Eat right. Make sure you’re eating well, with at least one hot meal a day. Try to eat a balanced diet with lots of fruit and veg to get nutrients.
7. Have medication on hand. You should be ready for the effects of the cold weather. Keep basic cold, flu and sore throat remedies in the house.
8. Stay dry always, avoid wet clothing’s, wet shoes, damp hands and foot.
9. Wrap up in bed. When very cold, wear suitable sleep wears , bed socks and even a head warmer plus a duvet can help to keep you warm in bed.
10. Stay warm always.
Remember, When cold weather is on the way, warm yourself first. It’s easier to change your body temperature than room temperature,