Rain rain go away come again another day little children wants to play, la la la la la la la la la
Writing about the rain just suddenly reminded me of the excitement that always fills us up as kids then when the weather changes, breeze begins to blow and the trees begins to dance here and there and even the thunder storms threatening’s and mum screaming hey! have you worn your sweater? well as little as we were then even when mum is not at home as at when there’s rainfall we are so aware to run into the room wear our sweaters, socks and even thread woven caps just to prevent cold and stay safe.
While the heavy rains are a huge relief from the scorching sun, there are some problems attached to the arrival, directly affecting our health and often, wealth.
It excites me this day to share with you some tips I’ve put together to help you beat the rain and stay as safe as possible, though you will agree with me that rainfall is a blessing from God, as we were told as kids that its whenever God opens his windows water drops on the earth, likewise we must engage wisdom to accept this blessings without it being otherwise what’s its suppose to be and this is why I’m sharing this tips with you and i hope it serves you for the purpose.
- Always bring an umbrella with you: Having an umbrella is your number one defense from the rain. With the rain surprising you at any time of the day, it always pays to be prepared. Thus, having an umbrella is getting one step ahead of the problem because it shields you from getting wet.
- Wash your hands as often as possible: washing your hands is one powerful way to keep the bacteria away. One of the things you can do to prevent colds and flu is the frequent washing of your hands, While this protects you, this also helps prevent the flu from spreading in your house and in your workplace.
- Hot Bath: Take a hot bath if you are drenched by the rain. This will prevent you from catching a cold, which could come as a result of the rain drying on your body.
- Exercise :exercise is an effective method in making yourself immune to cold related diseases, For one, exercising holistically improves your health, which results in the strengthening of your immune system and can be very helpful in your fight against colds and flu this rainy season.
4. Always eat clean and fresh vegetables/fruits: keep in mind that before eating, wash and clean the fruit/vegetable with clean water, especially the green leafy vegetable, and never forget that Eating fruits and vegetables is a great way to consume vitamin C, which is a powerful way of boosting your immune system. having a diet that consists of vegetables and fruits can provide you the vitamins that you need So, do not be hesitant to make adjustments in your diet. In the long run,
5.Avoid the rain: The prospect of walking in the rain may seem fun, However, one of the top precautions to be taken during the rainy season includes staying away from the water that’s standing on the road. These pools of water may seem visibly clean but they contain a host of bacteria, which can lead to a number of viral diseases and fungal infections.
In case you have no other option but to step in a puddle to get to your home or workplace, make sure to thoroughly wash your foot with soap and clean water. Also, do not wear wet socks or wet shoes as they will most probably contain all sorts of germs. Wearing covered shoes or rubber boots is also one of the top tips for staying safe in the rainy season.
6. Sweaters or thick clothing: Children and even adults are bound to get cold if their body is exposed to the cold. Therefore, be sure to cover yourself and the kids with clothes that will keep them warm.
7.Unplug electrical appliances: One of the top preventive tips during the rainy season, apart from not touching electrical wires, is to unplug electronic appliances during heavy rainfall. The reason behind this is voltage fluctuation and load shedding. Furthermore, if your wiring gets wet due to humidity in the atmosphere or rainwater, it can be dangerous for anyone to touch these appliances.
8.Handy plastic pouches: one of the simplest safety tips for the rainy season is, its advisable to carry your belongings in small plastic pouches during the rainy season so that even if you are caught in a shower, you won’t have to worry about water getting into your handbag or backpack and ruining your things.
9.Stay hydrated always: staying hydrated has numerous advantages in being healthy. For starters, enough water in the body can facilitate further in eliminating waste from our body, strengthening our immune system and making our skin healthier. Consuming plenty of water is also a way to prevent the flu naturally, While this practice can surely shelter you from colds and flu, doing this carelessly may also lead you to sickness.
10. Sleep well: In this day and age, maintaining a sleep schedule may be difficult, sleep may seem like a very unreachable luxury for you coz we sacrifice it for the place of work and money. However, sleep should not be seen as a prize for your hard work. Rather, it should be considered as a necessity that you should not sacrifice. Otherwise, your immune system will weaken and you won’t be invulnerable to the bacteria and viruses in the air.
If you are stressed, your central nervous system may not perform at its best, which will also affect your immune system. So, having a good night’s sleep is beneficial for you and is an important investment that will always pay you back.
11. Avoid Lightning and Thunder: Do not stay close to metal structures as these could conduct electricity from the lightening. Do not be found in the swimming pool as this is also dangerous. That’s not all; you should as well avoid staying near electric poles during thunderstorms as they could get one electrocuted.
12. Get weather report: Check weather report to know when it will rain and the magnitude of rain that would fall. This will help you know how to move around.