As much as we get a 100% comfort and pleasure from the splashes of water from the shower or Jacuzzi in the bathroom it can be a danger zone and that’s how much it can cause great injuries too such as burns, falls, near drowning or even death.
Keeping your bathroom neat and tidy is a great start to making it safe and injury free and avoid the emergency room
- Ensure you keep floors dry at all time , mop up water after baths and showers always without procrastination
- Put towel rails close to the bath or shower to stop you from having to lean to reach them
- Mop your body dry immediately after having bath to avoid water drops from the body dropping on the floor.
- Clear the shower floor , put all your shampoo, bath gel and soap in a shelf or rack
- Get your hot water checked to ensure it’s at the right temperature. it should be 55 centigrade at the tap and 60 at the cylinder
- Use slip resistant mats in the shower and bath and non slip flooring for the rest of the room, don’t fall in love with a beautiful flooring design that can actually injure or kill you at the long run.
- Place electrical appliances away from water, install grab bars in or around bath tub.
- Have a well lighted bathroom.
- Attend to toddlers in the bath tub hundred percent off time, never leave them alone
- Do not leave large open containers of water unattended.